Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
The latest Galaxy Nexus was launched along with Google’s latest Android version – Ice Cream Sandwich. With newer versions, the expectations of the people seem to increase and the Ice Cream Sandwich packs quite a lot of features that one would want in a smartphone.
Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich – Taking phones to next level
- People – A new way of managing contacts. This feature combines the people and contact app and a completely redesigned UI. The new crisp UI makes it very easy for the users to scroll through the contacts and browse social network updates. High resolution pictures make the UI even more stunning.
- Android Beam – A feature that very much resembles the Bump on the iPhone. This feature will allow the Android users to share information in a matter of seconds. Beam uses the Near Field Communication(NFC) feature to share various information like URLs, contacts, music and videos. All one needs to do is to keep two Android phones back to back and the transfer starts.
- More Controlled Data Usage Management – The Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich delivers services that allows the users to keep track of their data usage. The app gives detailed information about the data usage ( both cellular and Wi-Fi ) for all the apps and gives notification if you are above your limit.
- New Browser – The Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich comes with a much improved browser. The new browser closer the Chrome experience on a mobile phone.
- Face Recognition Unlocking – The Slide to Unlock is gone because of Apple getting a patent for it and Google seem to have found a perfect solution for unlocking the phone. Just a glimpse of your face will be enough to unlock the device.
- Redesigned Modern UI – Android UI has very much been a complex replica of iPhone’s. With Android 4.0, Google tries to get away from that and has completely redesigned the UI. The UI is much more modern and sleek. It makes good use of the display.
- Improved Camera Experience – With iOS 5, Apple announced a lot of features in the camera and Google are doing the same thing with the Android 4.0 version. A lot of editing options like red-eye correction, crop and all are available from stock. Also there is an inbuilt option for a panorama shot.
- Better Navigation – Android has always had the help of Google Maps for its navigational features and the features have refreshed as the maps load faster than before.
- Speech Recognition – Ever since Android was introduced, Speech Recognition was there, but was dormant. Now since Siri came to the scene, Android 4.0 promises to offer close to Siri experience on their ICS enabled devices.
- Screenshots – Finally, Android 4.0 offers screenshot abilities on the Android phone from the stock.
Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich – Cool and Crispy