Lava Xolo X900
The Lava Xolo X900 is the first Intel processor smartphone in the world and it was released in India on April 19th for a price of Rs22000. The Xolo X900 has all the features of a high end phone except that the processor is a single core one instead of the dual core. The Xolo X900 has a 8MP camera on the back capable of 1080p Full HD video recording and a 1.3MP front camera for video calls. The Xolo X900 comes with 1GB RAM and 16GB internal storage space. The Lava Xolo X900 runs on Android 2.3 and there is an ICS update coming.
Lava Xolo X900 – Buying Advice
Why you should get the Lava Xolo X900?
- Excellent Build Quality and light weight (127g)
- New Intel Atom Z2460 processor
- Sufficient RAM – 1GB
- Good 8MP camera with LED Flash
- 1080p Full HD Video recording
- Adobe Flash support in browser
- Excellent connectivity with NFC and HDMI out plus the usual – 3G, WIFI, GPS, Bluetooth
- Vanilla Android UI
- 1.3 MP Seconday Camera
- Corning Gorilla Glass
- Impressive Battery life
- 400MHz PowerVR SGX540 GPU
Why you should not get the Lava Xolo X900?
- Single Core processor
- x86 Architecture , so app compatibility will be an issue
- Little Expensive – Rs22000
- No microSD card slot
- Not so impressive LCD Screen
- Currently running on Android 2.3
Lava Xolo X900 – Bottomline
The Lava Xolo X900, being the first Intel smartphone, will be something to watch out for. The processor is based on x86 architecture other than ARM architecture and hence the app compatibility will be a problem. The battery life is impressive and the overall performance is quite good.
The Lava Xolo X900 is a bold attempt by Intel with its Atom Z2460 processor and Lava have made the perfect phone for it.